We are committed to protecting the environment by minimising the impact we have, both directly and indirectly on the environment, through our day-to-day activities.
Not only will we ensure that we are fully compliant with all relevant legislation, we will also use best practice and recognised frameworks such as ISO 14001 Environmental Management to ensure we continue to improve our environmental performance and work towards a circular economy.
We will set environmental objectives and targets and will monitor our progress against these.
Our employees are trained to understand the impact they have on the environment through their work and every day activities and will be encouraged to take part in environmental initiatives.
This policy applies to all Measured Identity Hub Ltd sites, all employees, and anyone working or visiting our sites.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management – The international standard for environmental management and best practice and the framework we will use to ensure our environmental management system is effective.
- Circular Economy - A model of production and consumption based on three principles: eliminate waste and prevent pollution, circulate products and materials and regenerate nature.
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990 – Legislation which sets out responsibilities for pollution control of air, water and land.
- Environmental Objectives – Our ESG action plan will set out our environmental objectives as part of our Mi ESG strategy.
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) – EIAs will be used when processes change, or new initiatives are commenced to understand the impact on the environment.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Working Group – Our working group for all staff involved in ESG activities.
- Sustainability Committee – The Sustainability Committee are representatives for employees at the Logistics Centre, working collaboratively to identify and address the environmental activities in their workplace.
We will have documented procedures for EIAs to ensure they are completed consistently and appropriately.
Any employee, to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action in line with HR Policies.
- Chief Executive Officer – Accountable for ensuring we adhere to our environmental commitment, legislation and Mi ESG Hub strategy.
- Director of ESG and Risk – Accountable for environmental initiatives across the Group and ensuring our adherence to ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management. Ensuring all targets are accurately reported
- ESG Manager – Responsible for implementing all ISOs across the Group including ISO 14001:2015. Responsible for ensuring compliance to environmental legislation.
- Facilities Staff – Responsible for the maintenance building heating and cooling systems, provision of recycling facilities.
- Mi Hub Staff – All our staff are responsible for ensuring they minimise the impact of their work on the environment.
Performance against our Environmental targets will be monitored and reported by the ESG and Risk Team. We will complete external ISO 14001 audits to ensure our continuing commitment to the standard.
Related Policies and Documents
- Mi ESG Report